Last night, B broke our French Press. It was very sad because ever since I started using a French press, I will never use a coffee maker again (unless I have to). The French press is wonderful for a variety of reasons:
- Combined with an electric tea kettle, you can make coffee very quickly.
- The coffee tastes much better, richer, etc.
- It is so much easier to clean than a regular coffee machine.
- If you make coffee in the morning and have leftovers, you can store it overnight and it’s equivalent to drinking cold brew DELICIOUS!
- It takes up very little space on your counter, which is great because we have limited counter space in our current apartment.
- It is inexpensive $20 and you have a brand new French press!
Armed with the need to replace our French Press and to stock up on food, we set out for Target. But this time, I was determined to benefit from using Cartwheel. I have yet to speak of my love of Target but it’s about to come out – Target is so wonderful, I love being in there and being able to buy a bunch of things (now new goal is only things I need) the prices are affordable but I have always felt that their sales were very limited.
The second Target came up with an app for the iPhone, I downloaded it. You can bet that every Target trip I made, I used the coupons available on the Target app. But, much to my dismay, they hardly ever applied to what I was buying. Later on, I downloaded Cartwheel but because I never took the time to understand how it worked, I never benefited from the app either.
Anyway for those of you who are avid Target shoppers and didn’t exactly think through Cartwheel, I am about to explain its glory to you.
- Go around Target with your shopping list and get everything you need. *I am advising you not to indulge here because a. I want to save you money and b. I want to discourage the idea of buying things you do not need.
- When you are finished, pull out your phone and open Cartwheel.
- Press the little search button on top and then click scan bar code.
- Proceed to scan all of the items in your cart and if they have a coupon code, it will pop up and ask you to add to your list of 10 savings.
- If you have more than 10 deals, you are going to have to do some math on which will be most beneficial.
- If you know what you want ahead of time, and know exactly what you are buying you can front load your Cartwheel before getting to the store, but since I often do food shopping at Aldi, I was not sure what my options were going to be at Target.
Last night I was able to save on more than half of the items in my cart. I felt spectacular and now Cartwheel will be my best friend for any future Target runs. Happy Tuesday and Happy Shopping !